Complex Child Custody Disputes
In any divorce with children, where the kids will live and how much time they will spend with each parent must be primary concerns. Issuing child custody and visitation orders in the best interest of the child is the foremost priority in family courts. However, divorcing parents often disagree intensely about what that means in their own unique family situations.
Counsel And Decisive Action To Protect Your Most Important Relationships
Some people know immediately when the divorce process begins that child custody and visitation will be disputed. In other cases, negotiations may be amicable at first but escalate when either spouse begins leveling allegations or making demands the other views as unreasonable.
Steps required for resolution of complex custody disputes often include:
- Independent or court-ordered investigations and custody evaluations.
- Extensive discovery to ascertain facts, including bringing forth testimony by relevant experts and people with insight into each parents' health, behavior and parenting choices.
Emphasizing issue spotting, early strategy formation and use of the most qualified professional resources available, our Newport Beach family law attorneys have helped many mothers and fathers assert and defend their parental rights.
Our experience covers a vast range of complex custody disputes arising from:
- Families in high-conflict situations that may involve allegations of child abuse, domestic violence, substance abuse and/or parental alienation.
- One parent's targeting of sole physical custody, sole legal custody or an otherwise dominant role in children's lives over the wishes of the other.
- Disagreement over the custody arrangement that is best for special needs children.
- The need for grandparents or other relatives to seek a guardianship when neither parent is able to care for children due to extreme circumstances.
Our Lawyers Are Equipped To Defend Your Parental Rights
At The Law Offices of Burch, Coulston & Shepard, LLP, our attorneys have focused exclusively on California family law throughout their careers. Our Orange County family lawyers strive relentlessly to achieve our clients' goals through negotiation, but our trial experience in complex custody cases could prove to be the ultimate difference maker in your case.
For a consultation focused on the best legal approach to achieving your goals regarding your children, call or contact us online today.
Dedicated To Obtaining Real Results
Committed To Our Clients
100+ Years Of Collective Experience
Complimentary Case Reviews