Attorney Courtney L. Shepard - Partner
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
Courtney Shepard is an aggressive and passionate advocate for her clients.
She exclusively practices family law and has been declared a Certified
Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
She has successfully litigated cases involving issues of child custody,
child support, same sex marriages, spousal support, and attorney fees,
and recently completed a nationally-recognized Trial Advocacy program
which focused extensively on the litigation of child custody, support
and complex business matters.
Ms. Shepard is a member of the State Bar of California, the American Bar
Association and the Family Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association.
Background & Education
Ms. Shepard graduated from UCLA, where she majored in political science
with a business specialization. She earned her Juris Doctor degree, cum
laude, from Whittier Law School, where she was a member of the Law Review,
a Dean's List honoree and a fellow in the Center for Children's
Rights where she received a scholarship.
Additionally, Ms. Shepard served as on the Whittier Law School Trial Advocacy
Honors Board while competing in national competitions. She has prior legal
experience as a certified litigation law clerk with the Orange County
Office of the District Attorney. In her spare time, Ms. Shepard volunteers
with the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation and enjoys exercising, reading,
cooking, travel and spending time with her family and friends.
Call us at (949) 565-4158 today to find out how the vast skill and knowledge
our Newport Beach family law attorneys can provide can help you resolve
your legal matters.
- Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist in Family Law, State Bar of California
Board of Legal Specialization
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- J.D. cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Fellow, Center for Children's Rights
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Honors Board
- Law Review: Whittier Law Review, Member
- Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017
- Super Lawyer 2019
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Orange County ACFLS Board, Secretary
- California State ACFLS Board
- Past Employment Positions
- Orange County Office of the District Attorney, Litigation Law Clerk
- Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation