A Skilled Board Certified Family Law Specialist
Attorney Robert Burch has practiced exclusively in family law for his entire career and has handled all types of family law matters. Attorney Burch has focused his career on representing business owners and handling complex marital estates. He has worked on marital estates involving as much as one hundred fifty million dollars and his clients have received child support and spousal support awards as high as $70,000 per month.
Attorney Burch also focuses on child custody matters and has litigated several international custody cases. He was one of the primary attorneys in the well-publicized international custody case described by the media as the "Baby Santina case." In the "Baby Santina" case, Burch and his co-counsel defeated a team of four attorneys led by Gloria Allred.
Burch was recognized by OC Metro Magazine in 2011-2016 as one of the top family law attorneys in Orange County. He has also earned the highest rating (10.0) from the lawyer rating agency AVVO in the area of family law. In 2008 Super Lawyers magazine rated him as a "Rising Star" in family law. In 2015 and 2016 he was selected as a Super Lawyer in family law for Southern California.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Speaker, Domestic Violence: how domestic violence affects custody orders, 2008
- Speaker, Basics of Property Division in Divorce: the basic principles for dividing property in divorce, 2008
- Speaker, Divorce Preparation: What steps you can take to protect your assets prior to filing for divorce, 2007
- Speaker, Child Custody Move Aways: How the courts decide whether one parent can move out of state with the minor child, 2006
- Speaker, Business Valuation in Divorce: what every small businessperson going through a divorce should know, 2006
Pro Bono Activities
- Arbitrator, Orange County Bar Association Committee for Mandatory Fee Arbitration
- Temporary Judge, Orange County Superior Court