Orange County Dividing Assets And Debts Lawyer
With all the emotional pressures and uncertainty associated with divorce, it can be extremely difficult to focus on your finances. While you may be intensely aware that divorce will have a major financial impact on you and other family members, defense of your property interests can take a back seat to other key concerns such as relationships with children and maintaining your business and career.
At the Burch Shepard Law Group, you will find Newport Beach family lawyers who know California divorce and property division laws in depth. We strive to help relieve the burden of worry about financial issues by analyzing your situation and then clearly presenting all viable options and their implications so that you can make decisions with confidence.
Thorough Analysis And Advocacy To Protect Our Clients' Financial Futures
As Certified Family Law Specialists recognized by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, our attorneys are prepared to handle any property division challenge, however complex.
We have proven strengths in negotiation, mediation and litigation of complex disputes, as well as ready access to specialized professionals who may prove essential in matters involving:
- Disposition of your family home and other real estate, including establishment of fair valuations and determination of who will take possession or whether property should be sold.
- Treatment of assets one party brought into the marriage or inherited and thus claims should be treated as separate property rather than community property subject to division.
- Valuation and ownership interests in a business or professional practice.
- Equitable division or aggressive protection of retirement plans such as 401(k) accounts, pensions, stock options and other investments.
- Allegations that either spouse has hidden assets or unreported income that should be subject to division and accounted for in child and spousal support awards.
- Fair division of debts incurred during the marriage as well as assets — a major issue for many couples across the economic spectrum in these volatile times.
- Tax considerations relevant under various property division scenarios.
- Negotiated exchanges enabling people to preserve specific assets — from vehicles and jewelry to a vacation home or ownership and control of a family business.
Schedule A Consultation With A Resourceful Divorce Lawyer: (949) 565-4158
Our Orange County law firm is widely respected for handling financially complex divorce cases with skill and integrity.
We encourage you to turn to our firm with your concerns about dividing assets and debts in divorce.
Dedicated To Obtaining Real Results
Committed To Our Clients
100+ Years Of Collective Experience
Complimentary Case Reviews