Orange County Family Law Attorneys
Protecting Your Best Interests in Complex Family Matters
Even in the most amicable situation, any legal matter pertaining to family law tends to be an emotionally draining experience. This is why our family law attorneys in Orange County work tirelessly to ensure that our clients are taken care of as thoroughly and efficiently as we are able. With more than 100 years of combined experience, we will act decisively as we represent your best interests.
Burch Shepard Family Law Group can help you navigate many different issues affecting your family, including:
- Child custody & visitation
- Domestic violence/restraining orders
- Child support
- Cohabitation issues
- Family law appeals
- Legal separation
- Paternity & parentage actions
- Prenuptial & post-marital agreements
- Your parental rights
- Your property & finances
When to Hire a Family Lawyer
Family law is, by definition, personal. Custody disputes, financial disagreements, and other family law issues have practical and emotional elements that must be worked through. Hiring an Orange County family lawyer can most effectively resolve the matter.
If you are dealing with any of the following, call the legal team at Burch Shepard Family Law Group for guidance.
- Filing for Divorce. The divorce process requires certain steps to be followed; otherwise, there can be delays. We can ensure your divorce moves forward as quickly as possible. Our attorneys can advocate for your best interests while negotiating challenging questions that must be settled.
- Determining Child Custody. Parents may have very different opinions about what’s best for their children. Our certified family law specialists can develop a strategy to argue your position.
- Receiving Child Support. Both parents have a responsibility to provide financial support for the care of their children. The custodial parent is generally eligible to receive child support from the other parent. California has child support guidelines, but there is flexibility. Sound legal arguments can lead to support beyond the typical guidelines.
- Dividing Community Property. California is a community property state. The basic definition is that any asset or debt acquired during the marriage is considered community (marital) property and is split 50-50. That formula might seem simple but determining what is community property is complicated. Assigning a dollar value to the property is also complex and often requires professional guidance.
- Creating a Prenuptial Agreement. A prenuptial agreement can establish a couple’s financial foundation as they go into a marriage. This legal document removes areas of conflict should the marriage not last. For example, prenups identify what is the separate property of each spouse. Doing so reduces conflict in the event of a divorce.
- Establishing Parental Rights. The bond between parent and child is often critical for the growth and development of the child. We are experienced in helping parents fight for or regain custody of their children; in arguing for non-parent custody when someone else should provide care; and in establishing proof of parentage through paternity actions.
At Burch Shepard Family Law Group, we take an aggressive yet nuanced approach to every case. We are certified family law specialists, indicating our high level of education and experience.
Whether you are in the middle of a high conflict divorce or need assistance preparing effective marital agreements before you tie the knot, our Orange County family lawyers are here for you during the happy and challenging moments in your life. Contact us online or call us at (949) 565-4158 today.