Real Estate In Divorce
Whether the only real estate you own is your family home or you have extensive and diverse real estate holdings, how property division is handled in your divorce could seriously impact your financial future, especially in today's volatile market.
At The Law Offices of Burch, Coulston & Shepard, LLP, our Newport Beach family law attorneys have extensive experience handling high-asset divorce cases that demand accurate valuation and fair division of high-value commercial and residential real estate. The issues that arise in these cases are familiar territory for our collaborative, highly professional team, and we exercise the utmost diligence in protecting our clients' interests.
Issue-Spotting And Negotiating Skills That Make A Positive Difference For You
Our firm's proven capabilities and resources extend across the spectrum of real estate valuation, equitable division and taxation.
We take the time and invest the energy necessary to protect your interests in matters such as:
- Real estate valuation and depreciation as factors in your marital property settlement.
- Disputes over whether residential or commercial real estate should be treated as community property or separate property.
- Disputes over whether property should be sold, including disputes over rental property that raise complex tax issues.
- Accurate assessment of transaction costs and other potentially "hidden" issues if any real estate holdings will be liquidated rather than retained.
- Negotiation, mediation or litigation to properly balance the overall property settlement when one party will retain greater value in real estate.
Count On Our Experience In Commercial And Residential Property Division
At our respected Orange County family law firm, you will find focused, financially savvy lawyers dedicated to protecting your interests and finding the best path to resolution of your case. Through extensive analysis and strategic planning, we are often able to help our clients avoid costly and draining litigation — but we are always ready for trial if required to obtain a just settlement.
If real estate and other valuable assets are on the line in your divorce, it is critical to work with a law firm that has proven dispute resolution capabilities and access to extensive relevant resources.
To discuss what our skilled divorce and property division lawyers can accomplish for you, call at (949) 565-4158 or use our online form to schedule a consultation.
Dedicated To Obtaining Real Results
Committed To Our Clients
100+ Years Of Collective Experience
Complimentary Case Reviews