A commitment to winning child custody is something nearly every divorcing parent has. However, not every parent gets the agreement he or she wants or deserves. Whether you feel your ex is simply not fit to take care of the children the way they deserve, or if you believe they will be happier in your care, it is important your child custody order is as beneficial to the children as possible. With the help of our Newport Beach divorce attorneys at Burch, Coulston & Shepard, LLP, you can rest assured you are in the hands of aggressive and dedicated litigators.
The following are our tips for successfully fighting for child custody, including but not limited to:
- Be as cooperative as possible with your ex, as a demonstrated willingness will only work in your favor
- Have the proper documentation on hand at all times
- Don’t discuss your ex negatively in front of your children
- Don’t be late in any pickups
- Don’t show up unannounced
- Be extra aware of your personal life, including your alcohol and partying habits
- Realize perception is everything--making a good impression will take you far
- Exercise your parental rights, especially if you have been granted visitation
Contact Our Newport Beach Divorce Lawyers Today
For all family matters, particularly those involving your children, it is important you enlist in the help of a Newport Beach divorce attorney you can trust. Our legal team at Burch, Coulston & Shepard, LLP understands few things are quite as important as your relationship with your child, which is why we seek to resolve your concerns as efficiently or effectively as possible. We will go above and beyond in ensuring your family’s best interests are protected to the best of our ability.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling (949) 565-4158.