One of the biggest challenges of divorce is subsequently losing a family structure you thought you’d have for the rest of your life. This is extremely devastating, especially when there are children involved. This is why it is absolutely essential you learn some useful tools on how to minimize the impact of divorce. At Burch, Coulston & Shepard, LLP, we seek to help you move the divorce process along as efficiently and effectively as possible. You won’t have to look further than our firm for a Newport Beach divorce attorney you can trust. Not only do we understand the ins and outs of the financial and legal aspect of divorce, we also have the insight and resources necessary to successfully navigate the personal and emotional difficulties which are sure to arise, particularly with your children.
The following are some of our most beneficial tips when it comes to divorcing with children:
- Remind them this decision had nothing to do with them, and it is not their fault.
- Try to keep their schedule as consistent as possible. If you can afford to, let them keep going to the same school and stay in the same home.
- Don’t fight in front of your children.
- Don’t put your children in the middle. Making them choose between their parents or otherwise using them as a messenger will be disastrous.
- Remind them you love them unconditionally.
Contact Our Trusted Newport Beach Divorce Attorneys Today
Burch, Coulston & Shepard, LLP is comprised of Newport Beach divorce lawyers who are committed to helping our clients overcome any challenges they may be facing during their time of need. Our legal team has the experience and tools necessary to ensure you and your rights are protected. We promise to fight for you to the best of our ability because we pride ourselves on offering top-rated counsel, care, and representation.
If you would like to schedule an initial consultation with a member of our firm, contact us by calling (949) 565-4158.