Attorneys at our established family law firm in Newport Beach know well that a vast range of life circumstances are apt to change in the years following divorce. California laws and courts also acknowledge this reality and provide specific legal steps and processes necessary for modifying court orders to account for material changes in circumstances.
From job loss to an ex-spouse's declining ability to properly care for children, as well as situations justifying increased support payments, our Newport Beach family law attorneys address client problems directly and strive for the utmost efficiency in resolving them.
Proven Ability To Define And Prove Material Changes In Circumstances
It is important to understand that changing views of what you want, or what someone else wants, are not enough to obtain a modification. Modifications are granted only if a material change in circumstances — typically one that is financial in nature and/or related to children's needs — has occurred.
A Strong Track Record Of Obtaining Custody And Support Modifications
- You can turn to our Orange County post-divorce modifications lawyers anytime for an evaluation of whether your situation justifies:
- Custody modification, which requires both demonstration that circumstances have changed and that the new arrangement you are seeking is in the best interest of the child.
- Child support modification, downward or upward, typically driven by events such as a job loss, positive job change or dramatic increase in the financial resources a child needs.
- Spousal support modification, often because changes have made the initial "alimony" order inadequate for the person receiving support to maintain his or her standard of living.
- Modifications made necessary by a court-approved parental relocation such as a change in visitation orders or an adjustment in child or spousal support to account for a noncustodial parent's travel expenses.
Call (949) 565-4158 For Dependable Legal Counsel
Applying in-depth knowledge of current California family law and courts throughout Orange County, our Orange County family law attorneys have succeed in many complex and challenging efforts to obtain post-divorce modifications for our clients.
Whether your needs are financial or related to what you believe is best for the children as things now stand, you can count on dependable, forthright counsel and skilled representation when you contact The Law Offices of Burch, Coulston & Shepard, LLP.