When professionals, executives, business owners and other financially successful people divorce, the potential for conflict over community property and separate assets is significant. Your attorney's financial knowledge and access to specialized experts in various financial fields can be critical for protection of your interests.
Protecting Your Rights To Community And Separate Property
Our respected firm maintains an exclusive focus on family law, which has made us a proven resource for high-income individuals and their spouses. Our Newport Beach family lawyers are adept at gaining a comprehensive grasp of your financial situation and understanding your goals in order to develop a winning strategy for negotiation, mediation or trial.
Successful Experience Handling High Net Worth Divorces
We have represented many doctors, lawyers, other licensed professionals, entrepreneurs and business executives, as well as the spouses of these successful high-earning people.
- You can depend on our Orange County high net worth divorce attorneys for skilled counsel and execution of all steps necessary in your high-asset case, such as:
- Completing thorough valuation and analysis of all assets and property, including business interests, real estate, pensions and retirement plans, and other investments, such as offshore holdings.
- Attending to historical considerations and acquiring relevant documents to distinguish community (marital) property from separate property, interpret and challenge prenuptial agreements and deal with other complexities of your case.
- Managing your own financial disclosure requirements intelligently and lawfully, while ensuring your divorcing spouse also provides full disclosure.
- Exposing hidden assets, often with the help of quality forensic accounting resources.
- Advocating aggressively for establishment of fair and reasonable spousal support.
- Ensuring you are aware of potentially critical tax implications of various property settlement strategies and outcomes.
A Total Effort To Protect Your Financial Future
Not all divorce lawyers have the experience and knowledge necessary to protect your rightful interests in a professional practice or corporation; your stock portfolio, including options; and other complex, high-value assets.
At The Law Offices of Burch, Coulston & Shepard, LLP, doing exactly that is a longstanding strength of our practice. Please contact us at (949) 565-4158 for an initial consultation today. We handle cases in Newport Beach, Aliso Viejo, Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Huntington Beach and Anaheim, and throughout Orange County, California.