Courtney L. Shepard - Partner
Skilled Family Law Attorney in Newport Beach
Courtney Shepard is an aggressive and passionate advocate for her clients.
She practices exclusively in the area of family law and has been declared
a Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board
of Legal Specialization. She has successfully litigated cases involving
issues of child custody, child support, spousal support, and attorney
fees, and recently completed a nationally-recognized Trial Advocacy program
which focused extensively on the litigation of child custody, support
and complex business matters. Ms. Shepard is a member of the State Bar
of California, the American Bar Association and the Family Law Section
of the Orange County Bar Association.
Ms. Shepard has a distinguished academic background. She graduated from
UCLA where she majored in political science with a business specialization.
Ms. Shepard earned her Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Whittier Law
School, where she was a member of the Law Review, a Dean's List honoree
and a fellow in the Center for Children's Rights where she received
a scholarship. Additionally, Ms. Shepard served as on the Whittier Law
School Trial Advocacy Honors Board while competing in national competitions.
She has prior legal experience as a certified litigation law clerk with
the Orange County Office of the District Attorney.
In her spare time, Ms. Shepard volunteers with the Pediatric Cancer Research
Foundation and enjoys exercising, reading, cooking, travel and spending
time with her family and friends.
Call us at (949) 565-4158 today to find out how the vast skill and knowledge
our Newport Beach family law attorneys can provide can help you resolve
your legal matters.
- Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist in Family Law, State Bar of California
Board of Legal Specialization
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- J.D. cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Fellow, Center for Children's Rights
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Honors Board
- Law Review: Whittier Law Review, Member
- Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Orange County ACFLS Board, Secretary
- Past Employment Positions
- Orange County Office of the District Attorney, Litigation Law Clerk
- Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation