Courtney L. Shepard
Courtney Shepard is an aggressive and passionate advocate for her clients. She practices exclusively in the area of family law and has been declared a Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. She has successfully litigated cases involving issues of child custody, child support, spousal support, and attorney fees, and recently completed a nationally-recognized Trial Advocacy program which focused extensively on the litigation of child custody, support and complex business matters. Ms. Shepard is a member of the State Bar of California, the American Bar Association and the Family Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association.
Ms. Shepard has a distinguished academic background. She graduated from UCLA where she majored in political science with a business specialization. Ms. Shepard earned her Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Whittier Law School, where she was a member of the Law Review, a Dean's List honoree and a fellow in the Center for Children's Rights where she received a scholarship. Additionally, Ms. Shepard served as on the Whittier Law School Trial Advocacy Honors Board while competing in national competitions. She has prior legal experience as a certified litigation law clerk with the Orange County Office of the District Attorney.
In her spare time, Ms. Shepard volunteers with the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation and enjoys exercising, reading, cooking, travel and spending time with her family and friends.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist in Family Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- J.D. cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Fellow, Center for Children's Rights
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Honors Board
- Law Review: Whittier Law Review, Member
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Orange County Office of the District Attorney, Litigation Law Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation