- Surviving Divorce: 10 Helpful Ways to Cope with the Ending of Your Marriage
- An Alternative To Adversarial Divorce
- Your Finances: The Dividing Line
- Protecting a Business During a California Divorce
- How Can You Recover Past-Due California Child Support Payments?
- California Protective Order Registry Increases Safety
- The Impact of Alimony and Child Support on Taxes
- Continuing Financial Reporting Requirements for Child Support
- Navigating Child Support Orders Between Two States
- California Community Property and Spousal Support
- Taxes Following a Divorce or Separation
- California Move-Away Requests Settle Custody Issues After Relocation
- Can a Trust Protect Assets in a California Divorce?
- Forensic accountant’s role in high net worth divorces
- California courts review of disability in child custody decisions
- The benefits of technology in post-divorce co-parenting
- Alternative dispute resolution: Mediation for divorce settlements
- Dealing with a mortgage during and after a divorce
- Understanding the signs of parental alienation syndrome in a divorce
- Understanding spousal support calculations in California
Books to Help Divorcing Parents and Their Children:
- My Mom and Dad Are Getting a Divorce by Florence Bienenfeld
- Mom's House, Dad's House by Isolina Ricci, Ph.D.
- Co-Parenting by Miriam Galper
- When Living Hurts by Gordon Sol
- Megan's Book of Divorce: A Kid's Book for Adults by Eric Jong
- Child Custody: Building Agreements That Work by Mimi E. Lyster
- The Parental Alienation Syndrome: A Guide for Mental Health and Legal Professionals by Richard A. Gardner, M.D.
A variety of non-profit social services agencies provide counseling services to divorcing families in the areas of domestic violence, marriage, family and children, and drug and alcohol abuse. Legal assistance is also available. For a list of these community resources, please contact Family Court Services, (714) 935-6550.
Direct Numbers of Additional Community Resources:
- Parenting Classes and Counseling Referrals, Infolink: (714) 955-2255
- Child Abuse, Child Abuse Registry: (714) 938-0505
- Domestic Violence, Domestic Violence Hotline: (714) 992-1931
For a consultation with The Law Offices of Burch and Coulston, LLP, call 949.202.5728 or 866.909.6059 or contact us online.